We’ve mastered the art of the Family Tropical Island Adventure
Not all family vacations are created equal. Remember that one family vacation? The one with the meltdown, screen time withdrawal, the crash and burn from all the excitement and disruption from your daily routine?
Oh we know. It makes us frustrated too when family vacations aren’t absolutely extraordinary.
That’s why, we’ve mastered the art of the family tropical island adventure—
Treks through the jungle to find the Lost Beach. Snorkeling, island hopping, paddle boarding and playing in the warm ocean waters. Bonfires, forever beaches, and brilliant skies where kids can count shooting stars.
Then there’s the moments that can only be found with the imagination of a child:
Did you know that a Mangrove tree makes for an excellent impromptu fort? That coconut shells are the perfect fine china for those invite-only beach tea parties? That Isla Palenque is the Kingdom of Cool Rocks?
With 400-acres of tropical island to discover, your family will return home anew when you embrace the hidden wonders of Isla Palenque.
Isla Palenque Resort for Families
- Safe, gentle waters for swimming
- All on-island tours are included
- Beach time, boogie boards, snorkeling & kayaking
- The Ultimate Challenge: A 5km Fitness Circuit for teens
- Our Island Hosts make hiking kid-friendly
- Mocktails & Smoothies just for children
- Cooking & Pastry Classes for Young Chefs
- WIFI Connected, but choose when the devices come out
Children of All Ages Welcome
Best Advice for Families
We care about your family vacation. If you’re determined to make this year, “The Year of the Family Tropical Island Adventure”, we’ve put together a few pieces of our best advice:
- Most families arrange a full itinerary with us — this means we pick you up at the airport, take you directly to the island, and help you get around once you’re here.
- Consider the Villa Estate. If your trip includes three generations of family members or a group of families, consider a private stay at the Villa Estate. It’s designed for big groups, and comfortably sleeps up to 14 guests. It includes home-style breakfasts at the Villa, and lunch & dinner at Las Rocas Restaurant.
- Family of 4 with small children? Not to worry — you’ll be comfortable in a Beachfront Casita. If your children are older, many parents book two Casitas next to each other for more privacy
- Family of 5? We recommend booking two Beachfront Casitas next to each other for ample space & comfort
- Kids love Playa Palenque Beach. Our largest beach, Playa Palenque, is the #1 choice for kids. They can run and play for 1.3 km in a safe, protected, crescent-shaped beach with gentle waters and soft sand
- Older Children & Teens? We find Teenagers like a fun challenge by going snorkeling, fishing, coastal rock climbing, or hiking to “The Blowhole”. We also have a 5 km Fitness Circuit for the ultimate challenge!
Families Love Us
Why Choose Isla Palenque Resort
Safe Swimming in Gentle, Warm Tropical Waters
All On-Island Tours Included
Kid-Friendly & “Familiar” Meal Options Available
We’ll Get You to the Island & Plan Every Detail
The Tropical Island
Experience of a Lifetime
“This is a place that when you arrive, you already know words won’t do it justice… Magical for children. Memorable for families. I will never ever forget my stay.”
– Olivia, San Francisco