View or download our Panama Packing List.
Dry Season: mid-December to mid-April
Green Season: late April through September
Rainy Season: October through mid-December
Dry Season brings four months of glorious sunshine and almost zero rain. During Green Season, most days on the island will be sunny or partly cloudy, with an afternoon or evening “warm” storm that typically lasts a few hours. In Rainy Season we can get some downpours but don’t let the rain discourage you – October is the very best month for humpback whale watching in the Gulf.
A visa is not necessary to travel to Panama from most countries in the world, however, Panama law requires you have a return ticket leaving the country in order to enter, and that passports be valid for at least 6 months at the date of entry. You may also be asked to prove that you have at least US$500 – a credit card, bank statement or cash usually work. Keep your booking for Isla Palenque handy too, as sometimes visitors are asked to confirm their hotel reservations.
Citizens of the following countries do not require a visa: USA, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Singapore and Taiwan.
It would also be wise to check with your personal physician for individual recommendations.
Isla Palenque can be reached by a short domestic flight from Panama City to Enrique Malek International Airport (DAV) in David. Flights with Copa Airlines are available from Panama City’s Tocumen International Airport (PTY), or with Air Panama from Albrook Airport (PAC). We recommend flying rather than driving from Panama City, but this can also be arranged.
You can find more detailed information on travelling to our island resort on our dedicated Getting Here page.
Let us plan your dream honeymoon or romantic getaway
Our eight Beachfront Casitas are located along the sprawling Playa Palenque on the island’s west side. Each is available to be booked individually and can accommodate a maximum of 4 guests. Resort amenities on this side of the island include Las Rocas Restaurant & Bar and an infinity pool.
Our Beachfront Villa Estate is located on the east side of the island, right above Playa Primera. It can accommodate from 2 to 14 guests in its six separate rooms and suites, and is an excellent choice for large families or groups. The Beachfront Villa Estate can only be booked out as a vacation rental. Rooms may not be booked individually. Amenities on the property include a lounge and dining area, poolside bar, and infinity pool.
Both accommodation options include 3 meals daily, snacks, non-alcoholic drinks, island guided tours, round trip transfers between Boca Chica and Isla Palenque, and complimentary use of kayaks, paddleboards and fishing gear. Guests of both the Casitas and the Villa Estate are free to explore the entire island and its beaches.
Our cancellation policies vary by season:
Holiday Season – Dec 22nd – Jan 3rd
– We accept cancellations up to 90 days prior to the arrival date without any penalty.
– If a reservation is cancelled between 90 and 60 days prior to the arrival date, 50% of the reservation will be charged.
– If a reservation is cancelled 59 days or less prior to the arrival date, 100% of the reservation will be charged.
– Cancellation policies may apply to modifications or night reductions made 90 days or less prior to the arrival date
High Season – Jan 4th – April 30th, Nov 1st – Dec 21st
– We accept cancellations up to 60 days prior to the arrival date without any penalty.
-If a reservation is cancelled 60 days or less prior to the arrival date, 100% of the reservation will be charged.
– Cancellation policies may apply to modifications or night reductions made 60 days or less prior to the arrival date.
Green Season– May 1st – Oct 31st
– We accept cancellations up to 30 days prior to the arrival date without any penalty.
– If a reservation is cancelled 30 days or less prior to the arrival date, 100% of the reservation will be charged.
– Cancellation policies may apply to modifications or night reductions made 30 days or less prior to the arrival date.
In all cases:
-If there is a “no-show” 100% of the reservation total will be charged.
-In the event the cancelled room is resold, reimbursement will be made in full.
– Unused prepaid services (such as airport transfers or tours booking in advance) are non-refundable.
Read more about the Cayuga Collection here
Medical care in Panama is of very high quality, and hospitals particularly in the capital city are some of the most technologically advanced in Latin America.
*Please make sure you bring enough of your personal medication as nearby pharmacies only offer basic medical products.
– Emergency evacuation expenses
– Medical expenses
– Repatriation expenses
– Cancellation or curtailment of trip
– Damage/theft/loss of personal luggage, money and goods
In case of medical emergencies, most Panamanian doctors and hospitals expect payment in cash, regardless of whether you have travel health insurance or not. If your health insurance does not cover you for medical expenses while you are abroad, you should consider supplemental insurance. It may also be worth finding out in advance if your insurance plan will make payments directly to providers or if they reimburse you later for any overseas health expenditures.