Celebrate Island Life
Most people only fantasize about visiting a secluded island paradise. But you’re not most people! Let your inner explorer roam this place of rare natural beauty.
Be it sun-filled days on a secluded beach, adventures in our private jungle preserve, or a day at open sea, your tropical passion will be fulfilled as you celebrate island life.
Isla Palenque is 400-acres and 7 beaches — you’ll feel like a true Pacific explorer, while experiencing the supreme relaxation of escape.
And best of all, our in-house guided island tours are included in your stay.
Discover Isla Palenque
- Plant a TreeContribute to the Isla Palenque reforestation program by planting your very own native rainforest seedling on the island.
- Green & CleanTake a peek behind the scenes for an inspiring insight into nature conservation on the island, our community development initiatives and more.
- Kayaking & PaddleboardingTake a journey along our coasts by kayak or paddleboard, discovering hidden caves and spotting sea turtles en route. Varying tours available for different experience levels.
- Rock FishingHead into the shallow bays at sunset for some prime inshore fishing. Locals have been known to hook snapper, roosterfish, snook, jack and even trevally.
- Coastal Rock HikeWind you way around our island’s coastline, mountain-goat style. Clamber over boulders and navigate volcanic stone gardens during this invigorating outdoor workout.
- Punta Ballena BlowholeDuck into the jungle, hiking through ancient forest and alongside a lagoon before emerging for a refreshing shower in the cool mist of an impressive blowhole.
- Secrets of the IslandIsla Palenque’s stories go back centuries – hike a maze of multiple trails while you delve deeper into our island’s encompassing wonders.
- Tide Pools, Lagoons & MangrovesExplore the island’s most biodiverse corners – our remarkable aquatic ecotones protect Palenque from the sea while sheltering an array of marine life.
- Island HikesDiscover the intricacies of Isla Palenque’s unique ecosystems by foot as you progress from old-growth jungle to palm-fringed beaches.
Plus Many More
Island-Hopping by Boat
Whale & Dolphin Watching
Boquete Coffee & Cloud Forest
“One of the best things about the resort is that you can just take off on your own to explore the island and everything it has to offer – it is truly your own natural playground. Check out the secluded beaches, take a hike through the jungle, or explore the mangroves via kayak. There are also wonderful organized tours: whale watching, fishing, and hikes with a guide around the island.”
– Brian, Washington DC